I decided to start off at a reasonble paced small but very efficient for both goals.
Hair Resolution 2011
- No excessive heat to my hair (meaning as little as possible only if needed) Being a model this is a hard task depending on the client you are working for. They may require lots of straightening techniques. I've experienced this the last job I booked in NY :(
- Shampoo close to every week, or when needed. note: To dilute shampoo add 3 parts water and one part shampoo. A lot of shampoo's dry hair out and aren't good for natural hair and retaining moisture.
- Everytime I wash my hair give myself a hot oil treatment. Really helps in detangleing, moisture, and retaining length. rinse out with very warm water.Questions about oil rinsing, feel free to let me know!
- Deep condition my hair everytime I wash my hair. Allowing myself to leave in for a couple hours 4-5.
- After deep rinse with cold water to seal cuticles. This aids in less frizzy moisturized shiny hair.
- Alternating just Co-washes without shampooing twice a month
- Seal in moisture with your favorite oils or curly leave in/pudding ie. Vadtika,coconut oil, olive oil, rosemary, morocan oil etc. pudding/butters; miss jessie's curly pudding,shea butter etc.
- Experiment with more styles alternating with little manipulation. Twist-outs,Braid-outs,Flexi rod-sets...
Here's my hair, It has probably grown a lot since these where taken. Tell me what you think!: